It has been a little over a year since I have completed anything. This is marking the end of that drought. For some reason all of the other build that I have started in the past 12 months have either ended up in the can or on the shelf. I just couldn't get anything to come together. Kurt and I have been passing ideas back and forth and he has been giving me words of encouragement which really helped getting this build to the end. To the end here means that everything is done except the niggly bits which have been intentionally left off until Soonercon this next Saturday. Ill be able to go over it with a close eye to solve most of the issues that I have not caught yet.
I found some references where the windows have been fared over or painted to prevent light seepage.
So I painted the splinter over the windows leaving the radio mans windows unpainted. I then used a white wash mad from the Walmart craft paints and some X20-A thinner with a shot of future. I used the Tamiya weathering sets to give it the grime and soot that I think makes it look well worked.
Looks good Paul. I really like the way the white wash looks over the corrugated wings and fuselage.
You had to get that WIP done and off your build table if for no other reason than it is HUGE and nothing else could be done on your bench. It really came out very nicely. As I said before, the Ju-52 was a working-dog on all fronts. You have captured the degree of use and durability it showed on the most gruelling front of all, the Russian Front.
Congratulations on shaking the modeling dry-spell and producing a great example of the Ju-52.