The kit came complete with color PE for the cockpit and landing gear and pain masks. The kit quality is very good. I had only one fitment issue at both wing roots that were handled with a styrene shim and some filler. The dekels gave me a bit of a problem but worked thru it and I was very impressed with the way they drew-down with no setting solvent used. No silvering either. I would suggest this kit to anyone interested in such a historically significant aircraft. The kit offers two engine options and appropiate dekels for each engine/airframe options. I opted to do the version 3 with the initial HeS 8a engines. I dipicted it at the 2nd pre-flight, just before it had an engine failure during take-off. It did a gear-up landing at the end of the runway. The aircraft was not damaged and was taken back to the factory and reengined with the Jumo 004 engines which proved to be more reliable.
I used Tamiya rattle can primer.
Then came in with a dark gray in a random mottle pattern. The final top coat was a Gunze Aqueous RLM02. The panel lines were done with PLW dark Gray Ammo by Mig. HPH self-leveling epoxy-glue was used to attach the canopy and fill some gap elsewere on the model. I like this product. It does not attack paint and has easy clean up before it sets-up. It self-levels with out sanding required. This was the first time I used eduard masks and I was impressed with fitment and adhesion.
It was a fun build, now back to the Arado 196.
The display base was cast with plaster, then scored, primed with stynelrez, painted, and weathered. I will attached it to the base and call it done. Sorry about the way the pictures came in.