motivated by Kurt's recent build, I pulled this old Italeri kit out of the stash. Not a lot of parts, and the cockpit is really sparse, which will all that glass up front, really is the focal point of this aircraft. So - decided to take the existing cockpit structure, cut it up a bunch, throw a lot more styrene of various forms and sizes in there, steal a few parts from the spares box, and see what I could do with it. I've been working on this since last weekend, and finally glued the fuselage together today. Series of pics below show raw parts (the seats were included, but I didn't show them in the raw pics), then all the stuff I added without paint, then the final result (though I think I took the pics before I finished weathering, so it looks a bit more rustic now).
I did cut the control column down shorter before I closed this up, and put more paint on those pipes on the port side. I was originally thinking I'd use some Mike Grant decals, but when I covered this in the canopy pieces, I could see that using decals would be a waste, as you wouldn't be able to see much.
I'm going to need to add some shell ejector chutes to the nose gun and two top guns - trying to decide how to do that. Am also going to sand off the raised panel lines and re-scribe.
The kit comes with both Jumo and BMW engines, and I secured a nice set of decals for a variety of BMW-engined night bombers. I also had to order a metal paint mask (the one Kurt used for his He-177). This night scheme will put my newly acquired AB skills to the ultimate test...(fingers crossed!)